Monday, September 22, 2014

HV Beer Fest

This past weekend I volunteered at the Hudson Valley Beer Fest with a few friends.  The festival was held along the Hudson River banks at Riverfront Park, in Beacon behind the train station.  There were 90 different beer vendors, food vendors, live music, and other various local merchants.
The time passed by very quickly as the crowd swelled to about 3000 people.  I have bartended in the past, and just pouring a few different beers was relatively easy.  I was pouring two different beers from the Blue Point Brewery out of Long Island, NY and one from Great South Bay Brewery also from L.I.
The first brew, from Blue Point, was the Toasted Lager.  This had a great flavor, a bit nutty, almost like a toasted almond ice cream bar.  This was my favorite of the three.  Next was the Oktoberfest, a seasonal brew with a bit less flavor, but not bad.  Lastly was Great South Bay's Splashing Pumpkin.  I don't care for pumpkin pie, pumpkin coffee, or pumpkin beer so this was my least favorite.  However a lot of people did seem to like it, and it was the only keg I had that was kicked by the time I was done.
Overall it was an enjoyable event and I would like to visit more beer fests in the future.  The weather was excellent, the setting was beautiful, and of course I got to hang out with some good friends and have a few laughs.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment