Sunday, April 1, 2018

NaPoWriMo 2018 Day 1 - 4


Day One -
If I were a bird
on this new Easter Day
I'd fly so high
up, up, and away
I'd dress to the nines
and wear my best suit
I'd partake in a feast
of berries and fruit
I'd spot the eggs
that no one could find
all the colors of a rainbow
running through my mind


Day 2 -
“You'll never find
another love
like mine.”
The song kept
playing, in
Wayne's head.
This is what
he thought
to himself.
But what if
anyone else
were listening
to his thoughts?
Would they be able
to find him,
to love him,
to treat him the way
he wanted to be?
Do onto others,
he'd say.

Day 3 -
Kung Fu City Rollers
Watchers & Doers
Lazy-eyed Mexicans
Tree Toppers
Bullets by Design
Samantha's Kittens
9 More Men
Lit & Loose
Cranky Crybaby

Day 4 -
The boredom
of every day
life can weigh
you down
like an anchor
on a boat.
You try to
swim to the
surface, but
arms of seaweed
wrap around your
legs and pull
you under.
You gasp for air,
you violently
struggle to
break free.
Your lungs fill
with water.
You sink
to the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment