Sunday, April 29, 2018

NaPoWriMo - Day 26 - 30


Day 26 -
And when I look upon her,
I envision my future.
We stand alone on a beach,
the soft water waves across our feet
as our toes sink deeper into the sand.
I reach up to take her hand,
she pulls me close and whispers in my ear.
I can feel her warm breath upon my neck
and I can almost taste the sweetness of her lips.
It was as close as I would ever get to paradise,
she is, was, and will be all I will ever want or need.

Day 27 -
Wheel of Fortune
Hey, Vanna, pick me a letter.
Every night, you flip for me
and I try to guess
what is on your mind.
Spin the wheel,
win a trip,
grab some cash,
buy a vowel.
Oh, Vanna, pick me a letter.

Day 28 -
You wouldn't believe the views,
up in the Catskill Mountains.
Camping up at Skyway,
is always the best!
You should come up and join us,
we'll toast marshmallows!

Day 29 -
My memories of the rabbits
were quite different.
I remember going to
Apple Picker's farm.
We chose a bunny to take home.
He froze to death over the winter.
Next time we went to the farm,
we ate shish kebabs.
Where do you think they came from?
I always thought they were so fluffy,
so cute.
Hundreds of them, all trapped
in their cages.
Maybe it wasn't so cute after all.

Day 30 -
 The fact is that I
continue to think about her
and always wonder



No comments:

Post a Comment