Monday, October 13, 2014

Pizza Hut

Rarely do I review food or restaurants, which I actually find funny because I love a good meal. However, I felt compelled to post this in the hope that at least one person reads it and makes a responsible decision.
I live in NY, so there is no shortage of good pizza places around.  In fact, where I live, there must be at least six pizza places.  I do not normally go to Pizza Hut, because no matter how much they boast about it, it really is sub-par when compared to a real pizza.
If you live down south, and have not experienced Pizza Hut, it is comparable to Little Ceasar's. If you are in a hurry and just want something to satisfy the growling in your stomach, then Little Ceasar's is great.  It is hot, ready, and only 5 bucks.

The pizza I had today, from Pizza Hut, was lacking in several areas.  Maybe it was my fault, maybe I expected too much.  Perhaps it was seeing their commercial about the Bacon Stuffed crust for the thousandth time that it finally got to me.  Whatever the reason, I chose poorly.
It was saturated in grease and oil, I assume from the cheese and bacon.  It did not look appealing and it was small, about the size of a medium pizza.  I dove in, and the usual best bite, the first bite, was not satisfying.  It had a strange taste to it, like a smoky charred flavor. The pizza was not over cooked, so maybe it was the pepperoni.
I got the Bacon Stuffed Crust with pepperoni on one side, and Italian sausage on the other. The sausage was better, which normally I prefer pepperoni.  The pizza is now sitting in my stomach like a lead ball.  I don't feel well.  If you don't hear from me after this post, please avenge my death.
Seriously though, I thought the bacon and cheese stuffed in the crust would be so good, it was not.  It was alright, but overall the pizza was a big disappointment.  At $12 + tax it didn't even stand up to a $5 Little Ceasar's pizza.
I am thinking about writing an email to Pizza Hut to inform them of my dissatisfaction.  On one hand maybe it will help them improve their product.  On the other, they might send me a coupon for a free pizza and then I will have to endure this torture once again.  I mean, come on.  I can't pass up a free lunch.  On second thought, maybe I can.
Things aren't always what they seem.  Most people after reading this will probably want to go out and try one for themselves, just to see if it is really as bad as I say.  I don't know why people do that, though I know I have done the same thing in the past, usually with bad movies, and in those cases most people are wrong.
As I am typing this a commercial came on for the pretzel crust with cheddar cheese, mozzarella, and pepperoni from Little Ceasar's.  It looks great, but I am leery.  Luckily I don't have a Little Ceasar's around here or I might be typing a similar scathing review of their pizza. Has anyone tried the LC Pretzel Crust?
What are some of your favorite pizza places?  Have you ever had a real NY pizza?  What is your favorite topping?
Well, anyway, happy eating!

My pizza did not look anything like this.  Bacon in the crust, what a concept!
Don't be fooled by all the hype.


No comments:

Post a Comment