Monday, October 6, 2014

Annabelle/ IT

I went to see Annabelle this past weekend.  It was good, suspenseful, and it had a good ending.  The characters were interesting and it had a good pace.  (7/10)  What may be more interesting than the movie itself is the fact that it was based on a true story.  The real Annabelle was a Raggedy Ann doll acquired in the 1970's.  Ed and Lorraine Warren now have the doll stored in their museum in Monroe, CT.
As always, the drive-in has a double feature.  The second film I saw was A Walk Among the Tombstones with Liam Neeson.  This was a dark story with strong subject matter.  It was also suspenseful with a good ending. (8/10)
I also started reading IT this past week.  I have seen the movie, it is one of my all time favorites.  I may post a review or some comparisons between the book and movie when I am done reading it, but I may not finish it until Christmas, of next year.  It is over 1100 pages long.
Anyway, as we go into the Halloween season, which books or movies are you looking forward to?  What are some of your favorites that you revisit each year?
Other than IT, I have always liked The Shining, another Stephen King classic.  Some of my new favorites are last years The Conjuring, which was a lot better than Annabelle, and also Trick 'r Treat released on DVD in 2009.  Looks like Trick 'r Treat 2 is going to be released next year.  You can read more about the new T 'r T on Entertainment Weekly's website.


No comments:

Post a Comment