Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Bug

Only a few days until Halloween, and I have a treat in store for you.  I just published a flash fiction story on Smashwords.  It is brief, but appropriate for this time of year.  Best of all it's FREE!
Check it out, when you have a few minutes.

An excerpt from Bug:
I found a minute insect in my sugar bowl today. It was brown and moving, so I determined that it was not a grain of sugar, though it was that small. I scooped it up and washed it down the drain. I wondered if I should dump out the rest of the sugar, but I don't like to be wasteful, besides how much harm could one little bug cause? I don't see any others, though I really didn't check.


It has been about 13 hours since I published it.  There have been six downloads and one review.  Everything always seems better when you get a good review!

Review by: Gabion on Oct. 28, 2014 :  
A nasty little tale which is very well written. I honestly think it should have been much longer so as to develop a greater sense of unease. Good grammar and well structured. Three stars is very good for me - especially for a flash fiction tale. I'll have to explore more of Murphy's work.


PS. I would like to say thank you to Gabion. I don't know who you are, but I appreciate you taking the time to read and review my story, it makes it all worthwhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment