Friday, April 12, 2013

Poem-a-day

April is PAD (Poem-a-Day) Month.  Today I would like to share some of the poems I have written over the past 12 days.  Please enjoy. :)

One of my favorites, written on 4/1/13, I call 'Haiku for Homer'.  Normally haikus don't have titles, and this one doesn't either, but I do still unofficially call it by it's title.  Everyone got that?  Good, and now onto our poem...

A fresh batch rises
sweet aromas fill the air
Homer laughs softly

This poem is a combination of love, my love for the tv show 'The Simpsons' and Homer's love for donuts. This poem did receive a reply, it said..."tasty for sure".
(I will not reveal the names of the people who replied to the poems on this blog because I do not know them and I do not know if they would want to be mentioned or not.)


4/6/13

“Post”
The post office is gone
there is no more mail
We'll save a ton of trees
no one thought a snail

You can always make posts
on sites like a blog
Your posts can be sent
while you sleep like a log

No stamps are needed
just the click of a mouse
No need for the office
you can stay in your house

Times they are changing
technology moves fast
The post office is gone
It's a thing of the past

One person replied to this, "Technology finally stops the carriers from their appointed rounds." I thought that it would be ironic if this were to happen considering all of the elements and obstacles that the postmen must overcome each day to ensure their packages, parcels, and posts get delivered to their intended destinations.

I have written a number of haikus for the PAD challenge. I don't normally write any, so I thought it would be a good idea to try it more often. I have enjoyed writing them, here is another haiku from 4/10/13.

The waiting brought pain
The revelation was worse
Now I suffer alone

This was was of my favorite ones, and I enjoyed the reply it invoked, "Oh my … heartbreaking …" It felt really good to be able to stir up that kind of emotion in someone.

Finally, since my book is a romance I thought I would leave you with a romantic poem written on 4/11/13.

'In case of...'

In case of forgetfulness
I leave you this key
Use it to unlock memories
and then think of me

We had some good times
but some were also sad
I'll cherish the little things
our love wasn't half bad

We have both moved on
we each have a new life
I wonder what would be
had I made you my wife

Looking back on it now
I surely have no regret
I will always love you
and I will never forget

One woman replied to this poem with one simple word, "sweet." I will be posting more poems until the end of April. Right now I am working on editing Cerridwen Moon and I must say it is going rather well. I have written a few thousand words over the last couple of days. By the time it is complete I think it will be a very good book to read. If you would like to see an excerpt please click on the link on the top right hand corner of the blog. There is only about one month left to help me by supporting the book, please support it if you can. Thank you all once again, have a great weekend!

PS. Don't forget the Virtual Ebook Fair this, and every, Saturday! You can also click the link for that too! It's located on the top right hand side of the blog! :)

5 comments:

  1. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect! Hope to see more from you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meryl, I am now following your blog as well, have a great day!

      Delete