Thursday, April 5, 2018

NaPoWriMo Day 5 - 11



'S Ì Bl·th geal Na SmÈar Ì
'S Ì Bl·th geal Na SmÈar Ì
's Ì bl·th deas na s™ craobh Ì,
's Ì planda b'fhearr mÈin mhaith
le hamharc do sh™l;
's Ì mo chuisle, 's Ì mo r™n Ì,
's Ì bl·th na n-™ll gcumhra Ì,
is samhradh ins an fhuacht Ì
idir Nollaig is C·isc.

Do you see what I hear?
Do you see what I hear?
Look close, the trees,
the soft, white blanket
below them.
Nestle around,
everyone come together,
if you fall,
I will catch you.


Day 6 -
The silence,
so loud
you
could
almost
taste it.
In the end,
she was the only one
whose disability
was actually an ability,
that no one else had.

Day 7 -
What I wrote has been written,
and that can't be changed.
However, the path
you are now on
can be altered.
Thoughts of her run through
your head, every time,
this time of year.
The answer is not clear.
It probably never will be.
And no one else
is going to be
of any help.

Day 8 -
And underneath
the window sill
came a hairy,
four legged
creature.
He wasn't
afraid
to fight.
He had
only lost
4 legs,
so far.

Day 9 -
He didn't know any better.
At the time, neither did she.
She only saw him
as a product of the moonlight.
But when she finally saw him
in the light,
it was he who could not see.
(Gerald's Game)

Day 10 -
I could hear the scratching,
but I laid there silently.
My eyes were shut,
I saw nothing, but
I could hear the scratching.
I could smell the damp earth,
I could feel the cold air, and
I could hear the scratching.
Then I heard the crying,
no laughter, just pain.
I felt descending, and
I could hear the scratching.
After a while, the voices
stopped. No more cries,
and I began to feel warmth,
but never did I feel safe.
I opened my eyes,
but only darkness.
I tried to scream,
but I was voiceless.
I tried to listen,
but all I could feel
was the scratching.

Day 11 -
Put my brain up high
upon my robot body,
so I'll never die.


No comments:

Post a Comment